FAQ About Orthodontics For Growing Children
(from the American Association of Orthodontists)
- Why should children have a check-up with an orthodontic specialist?
- What are the benefits of early treatment?
- What is a space maintainer?
- Why do baby teeth sometimes need to be pulled?
- How can a child’s growth affect orthodontic treatment?
- What kinds of orthodontic appliances are typically used to correct jaw-growth problems?
- Can my child play sports while wearing braces?
- Will my bracers interfere with playing musical instruments?
- Why does orthodontic treatment time sometimes last longer than anticipated?
- Why are retainers needed after orthodontic treatment?
- Will my child’s tooth alignment change later?